The blog eye has been turned toward Peyton a good bit lately, and with good reason. But now, now, my few dear readers, the eye is turning toward the baby of the family, for she IS ALMOST ONE!!!! In 18 days, Harper will be one-year-old! Are you ready for it? I am looking forward to it. She has been a real comic lately. She has this new laugh that can best be described as a hearty guffaw (I think). It's a long, playful roar from the belly, I suppose, and sounds sort of like something you might do if you were saying "gotchaaaaa!" It starts off sounding like
ah-haaaaaa, but ends up sounding like a roar. So you get
ah-haaaa-aarr. She uses it when she's done something funny and we laugh at her. She knows she has entertained, and she is amused at herself and relishing our applause. This one doesn't mind attention AT ALL!
Here are various versions of "The Harper Guffaw" taken this week alone...

Above: This picture I love! It is the best representation of her comic side. She is naked, but also dressed head and toes. Plus, it best shows the way she does that strange little laugh of hers. I guess she thinks she's got one over on us, because she snaked the remote. However, what she doesn't know is that this remote is a cover; it's a real remote with no batteries in it. We set it out on the ottoman and pretend it's real, because then she will want it and leave the other ones alone. If we throw it in the toy box, she knows it's no good.

P.S.
Harper is very nearly walking. She has taken up to six steps on her own and can really get around with the push walker, which Peyton called the "go-go" when she was learning to walk with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment