But some things I've learned that help with my newly emotioned (making up words here) four-year-old:
quality time
empathy
not shouting - me
keeping my calm
and most of all, quality time.
QT. It's got to be Peyton's love language. And quality time with other family members is not the same as quality time with Mommy. I've learned the hard way. She will have my attention one way or the other. Know what I'm sayin'? It has to be noteworthy that on the days I don't do [so many] chores and give lots of face time to Pey, she is remarkably well-behaved and follows directions, etc. I know it isn't always as mathematical as that, but like I said it's worth noting.
So since four came, I've been busy, bewildered, grasping for answers, in need of learning. Oh and turning a year older and being sick. I was laid out in the bed all day yesterday with fever from bronchitis. I feel human again today, thanks to antibiotics
P.S.
I'm so glad it's warm and my little girls can wear shorts. Their legs are so cute!
Celebrating you is OH-SO-easy! :)
ReplyDeletexo
1. Yay for girl time!
ReplyDelete2. I love PeyPey. Etta loves her more (obviously, because she talks about her to the point of tears DAILY). But I looooove PeyPey.
3. You are a fantastic mom. I mean it. One of the best I've ever known. Research, discuss, pray, agonize a little. But in the end, trust your gut and your love for your girl. Experts can't impart that kind of wisdom and books cannot a loving mother replace. xo