Happy December! We are so excited it's finally December. We got our Christmas tree last night and plan to decorate it and the house over the next couple of days. Tonight I am making a Graham Cracker Christmas Village with the girls from my home group. If it turns out, you will see pictures, and it might be the centerpiece of our table.
But the real story is about how good we're all being, at least according to Peyton. She has gotten used to us saying "Good girl, Pey Pey" after she does certain things, such as let us brush her teeth, or wash her hands, or just for listening to us. She doesn't even wait for us to say it anymore. She praises herself for brushing her teeth, saying "Good girl Pey Pey." She even praises Roxy after Roxy does her business outside by saying "Good girl Yassy." Well, a couple of days ago, she decided that I deserved to be called a good girl, too. I washed my hands at the kitchen sink, and Peyton said, "Good girl Mommy." I couldn't believe it. I couldn't help but thank her for her appreciation. I put her Pooh video in after she asked me to, and she said, "Good girl Mommy." I'm thinking, you can keep that up kiddo.
The praises don't end there, of course. So to review, Peyton says "good girl" to herself, Roxy the dog, and to me. Last night, Blake was bringing boxes of Christmas decorations downstairs. After Blake heaved the last one, a heavy one, down on the floor, Peyton said "Good girl, Daddy." We both laughed and said, "That's one for the blog!".
P.S.
We're now teaching her that Daddy is a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment