Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Peyton Sings!

Hello everyone! I know you've been wondering if I was serious about this blog thing. Trust me, I've been watching and waiting for the next story to happen. I think it did. Peyton has now become quite good at singing about three songs all the way through. Her three are Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (aka Tinkle Tinkle) and ABC's. Here is her rendition of Jesus Loves Me. We got her a toy microphone to encourage her even more. It's not electronic; it just magnifies the voice a little. Be sure to listen for her emotional emphasis on "He is strong."

Speaking of Jesus, Peyton seems to have an inborn interest in the Bible. We got her a Toddler Bible for Christmas that has great illustrations and shortened Bible stories. Every night, when we're getting ready to sit down and read books before going to sleep, she asks for the "Bible book" before I even offer ANY books. Oh, and we can't read her enough of it. After about ten minutes of reading Bible stories, I'll put it up and get ready to put her to bed. EVERY night, she says "more Bible, more Bible book". Sometimes we give in, afterall, it is the Bible.

Today, she was sitting in the glider looking at books. I walked in and she was reading the "Bible book." I asked her if she wanted to go get a doughnut (Mommy is craving glazed blueberry doughnuts). She started waving at the picture of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus she happen to be looking at and said, "Bye, Bye Jesus. Bye Bye Mary." We've read lots of stories in that book. I was so surprised she remembered the names from that one particular picture.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Words cannot describe the cute factor. I think Blake and Peyton should go on the road with that act. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete