The last month has been a busy one for us. I'll give you the highlights.
For starters, Blake and I went to Cancun, Mexico on January 29. Peyton stayed with her Mimi and Pops in Columbia, S.C. Our trip was ok. Our official phrase is: "The good parts were good." We had a lot of things not go smoothly, the worst of which was losing my camera and my cell phone. I have replaced the phone (same number), but we don't have a new camera yet. So no new pictures of Peyton or of our trip to share! On the other hand, I enjoyed lounging in my pretty maternity bathing suit in the sunshine and reading a book. Our hotel room was the best we've ever had. Somehow, we got a room in the upgrade part of the hotel, on the ground floor with a private sun deck and private access to the beach (which was only feet away from our room).
Peyton has had a very eventful last week. We got new furniture for Peyton, which includes a twin bed. She has been sleeping in her big girl bed for several days and is doing so well. She loves it! It's so cute for Blake and I when she just opens her door and comes out of her room after nap or in the morning. We just giggle at it still, even though it's such a normal thing to do.
Also, this weekend we've painted the baby's nursery and moved all Peyton's baby furniture into the little nursery. We actually feel like a baby is coming soon! Next step: pulling out Peyton's baby clothes and getting those cleaned and moved in. That will make it even more real to pull out newborn clothing. Oh my!
We are shopping for cameras and plan to have one before her birthday at the end of next month. So hopefully we will have new pictures to share soon.
She has a big bed?!?!?!!? Oh my goodness, she is growing up. I miss her so so much. What time is her party going to be?
ReplyDelete