Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Medically Necessary Chocolate

Toddler world is a confusing one for me. I wonder if it's as confusing for toddlers. Mix in a couple of ear infections in said toddler and you (the adult) have cause for ongoing, medically necessary chocolate therapy. I had ten oreos today. I'm not sure I'm done either. At least I pair it with skim milk. Gotta watch those L-B's after all.

Before the onset of the double ear infections Peyton has at the moment, our little team's playbook was already getting pages torn out and plays changed without warning. I realize now, only she has editorial power over our playbook. My best defense strategy is patience, er um, praying for patience, that is. [P.S. Why is it that sometimes just after I ask God for patience, I lose all that I had? Well that's a blog for another day I suppose.]

Anyhooooo....the confusing part of being in Toddlerdom, is that nothing is as it was or will be. Do any of you moms know what I mean? In one moment, the only thing she desperately wants is a waffle. As soon as you set it before her (after enduring endless reps of "want waffle. want waffle."), she declares she doesn't like it. Sometimes I have up to five foods that have been cooked or prepared only to be discarded untouched by the flick of a tiny wrist. Now, to all this add grouchiness and pain from two ear infections. Now you know why I'm heading for the Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment