Today I am wondering where my brain went? If you've seen it, I would like it back please. I thought I might have left it in all the empty Oreo packages that strangely appeared around me about the same time as Peyton's ear infections, but no, no brain in any of those. I did, however, find lots of guilt dripping from them. Got enough of THAT, thank you very much.
{Frown} {Furrow brow}
Why the hunt for brain? I visited a brand new children's consignment store in our neighborhood today, called Smarty Pants (cute!). This is great for three reasons: 1) I'm re-using, 2) I'm saving money AND 3) I'm supporting a local, female-owned business. Gotta do my part for the economy right? I found two cute shirts for the new baby, one of which has a sock monkey on it. (More on why that is special in another blog.) If I had gone home then, all would probably be okay. Instead, I walked around the corner and visited a children's book & toy store where I apparently began to lose all sense. Peyton immediately found two feather boas. She insisted "mommy wear purple one," while she paraded around in a red one. She would not let me take mine or hers off.
Adorned in red feathers, she played in the children's toy area with art paper, musical instruments and a kitchen set. She once announced to me across the store that she was "cooking mommy oatmeal." Meanwhile, adorned in purple feathers, I fought mental battles not to buy every art project and puzzle for my dear sweet child who was kind enough to think of making me pretend oatmeal. (I hope it was the low-sugar kind.) Anyway, as I came to the counter to buy the red boa that was attached to Peyton's neck, I joked with Tammy the owner that I am weak when it comes to glamourizing my child. She said, referring to my 7-month pregnant belly, "Well you know babies suck brain juice." It took me a minute to get what she meant. Her point exactly, I suppose.
Pulling out of the parking lot, it hit me. And so did something else. About the same time that electric pole came charging toward my car I got her comment. No brain juice means you don't see things that are standing still right next to your car. No brain juice means you fly right in to it and then drive off too embarassed to get out and look at it right then. It's the baby's fault. And to think...I had just bought her two new shirts.
When I got home, I didn't find the missing brain juice. I did find a large and ugly crater in the front fender, as well as another one of those mysterious empty Oreo packages. (Argh!)
You are good at blogging. I love that you bought Peyton the red boa. Sorry about the absence of brain juice though. Hope the car didn't suffer.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brooke