Monday, September 28, 2009

Harper's 25 Things

There was this note going around on Facebook back in the spring where people would write 25 things about themselves and then tag 25 of their friends to read the note, or something like that. Last week, I happened upon a friend's 25 things again. I remember how much I enjoyed reading all the ones that came my way. So, I thought why not do the same for Harper and Peyton. I thought it might be difficult to do it for Harper since she's so young, but I was wrong. Even at nearly five months old, she has so much personality already. I thought of 25, then I thought of 5 more. I'll work on Peyton's and send later. I hope you enjoy getting to know my amazing children a little better...

1. She now eats rice cereal and oatmeal and loves it. We're letting her try green beans later this week.

2. She's easy to put to sleep, as long as I hold her at the exact right angle and bounce a certain rhythm on my exercise ball.

3. She is a social butterfly, and smiles all the time at just about anyone.

4. The easiest way to get her to laugh is to get Peyton to make silly faces at her.

5. She delights in having the attention of her big sister.

6. She only rolls over when lying on the hardwood floor. So far, she has not rolled once while on a rug.

7. She's likes to see what people are doing, rather than cuddle with Mommy.

8. Her left ear is slightly bent.

9. She's not a big breakfast eater, and only nurses for a few minutes. Knowing her, she's probably ready to play and see what everyone is doing.

10. She rarely acts like she's hungry until I'm sitting down to feed her. Then, she remembers she is famished and can't wait another second.

11. When I read to Peyton, Harper loves to lie on the bed and look at the books too.

12. She'd rather play on the floor than be held sometimes.

13. She has fallen asleep watching television and playing in her crib.

14. She vigorously kicks the bath water, as if she's practicing for a spinning class or something.

15. She likes to watch leaves and tree branches blow in the wind.

16. Blake calls her "Sunny" in the mornings, because she's so happy and smiley when we come into her room first thing in the morning.

17. She is an active baby and often squirms and kicks to get out of my arms. She acts like she wants to crawl really bad, but just can't figure it out yet.

18. She has a very distinctive angry cry.

19. She often likes to practice standing up.

20. She really likes sucking her thumb, and can put herself to sleep that way.

21. She sleeps through the night, from about 9 pm to about 7 am!

22. She has a few nicknames, but we're not sure which one will stick. She has been called: Hops, Hoppy, Peaches and Sunny. What if Sunny sticks? Then she'd be Sunny Moody!

23. She'll smile every time you put her in front of a mirror.

24. She likes walks and being outside.

25. She sat up by herself today (9/28) for 30 seconds, and she's not even five months old!

26. Her eyebrows turn pink when she gets tired or angry.

27. Her hair has gold and red tones.

28. She didn't like pacifiers until just this month. I found one kind she will take.

29. She inherited her sensitive skin from her mother, and has had a few mysterious rashes.

30. She has adjusted so well to our family, that is seems like we've always had her.

2 comments:

  1. I love this child and need to come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about Harper and can't wait to read about Peyton.

    ReplyDelete