Lately, Peyton has been around five of our friends/relatives who are pregnant (one of whom is carrying twin boys). I was wondering if she would start to think that every one of Mommy's friends has a baby in her belly. Here is a conversation I just had with Peyton....
Running down the hall, Peyton came to tell me that she had a baby in her belly.
"Is it a boy or a girl?" I asked.
"A boy."
"Oh, well what are you going to name him?"
She thought for a quick moment and said, "Princess."
"You're going to name the little boy Princess?" I asked.
"No," she said. "Daffy." (Daffy is the name of her stuffed giraffe.)
Then, she ran back to her room. After about half a minute she ran back to me, but stopped on the way to act out motions to these words, "Push that baby out!" I swear she bent down and pulled her arm out from between her legs! What in the world...!?
When she came back in the room, she informed me she now had two babies in her belly and tried to show me by lifting her shirt and pointing to her belly button.
I inquired, "Oh, are they boys or girls?"
"A boy and a girl," she answered. How nice.
"What are you going to name them?"
She said, "Princess and Daffy." (The names of her two favorite stuffed animals.)
After about ten minutes I asked her if she still had two babies in her belly. She said "Yes, Princess and Daffy."
I love that child. How stinkin' hilarious.
ReplyDelete