Friday, August 20, 2010

Doldrums

Some of you might be wondering, where all my posts at? I'm pretty sure your thoughts came in those exact words too. Well, I was, and still might be, on a blogger break. I didn't announce it, because I didn't know it was coming. I think we're in the grip of the late-summer doldrums. Too much heat and busyness combined with too little structure and "programming" has made us a listless bunch, doing a bit too much staring at each other! Also, I'm not a big fan of the closing of pools or the absence of shorts available for purchase in the malls, either. Amen? All part of the doldrums of summer's end, I guess.

Anyway, there is some good news in the face of a difficult (for me) seasonal transition. This week, I personally am grateful for exercise and youth, the soul-healing laughter of children, an extra tight hug from a very new friend, the bravery of women who share their hearts' desires with each other, an encouraging call from a dear aunt, and a wise husband. Though I am trying to hide from the oncoming Fall, I am in good hands.

And there is more to come. We're going to South Carolina for a week on Sunday. I'll post at you from there. There are some fun things coming up. I'll give you a clue: soccer dad. Yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment