So I heard that some people out there in our country are beggin' for some more mood in their life. Well, I am not trying to ignore that need. I'm just feeding my other addiction this week...overdoing it. But I'm happy [over]doing it, because when time's up on my list (whether done or not) I will have my baby brother and his wife here at my house for Thanksgiving, along with my parents and Hannah (the Yorkie), for the first ever Thanksgiving I have spent in Nashville (and at my house!). This is only the second time Bryan and Katie (brother and sister-in-law) have been to Nashville, and I'm stoked. So, although I miss blogging, here is what I'm doing instead this week. See you on the other side.
1. Clean out, organize and convert junk room into decent guest room.
2. Chase toddler.
3. Make pumpkin bread for one end-of-year potluck and salad for another.
3. Clean up pencil shavings dumped on table and floor by toddler.
4. Shop for rug for new guest room.
5. Clean up stuck-on rice krispies (aka "pippies) left by toddler on entire high chair.
6. Online Christmas shopping. Santa Claus - check!.
7. Wipe runny noses.
8. Attend three birthday parties.
9. Refold laundry strewn about the house by toddler.
10. Shop for dresser for new guest room.
11. Shop for placemats and table decor for first-ever holiday at my house.
12. Claim unclaimed property being held by Tennessee.
13. Learn a new baby's routine in order to keep her in December.
14. Shop for Operation Christmas Child shoebox.
15. Restrain preschooler from jumping off couch.
16. Shop for fabric and recover dining room chairs.
17. Feed family nutritious meals.
18. Restrain preschooler from licking the walls.
19. Assist husband with raking leaves.
20. Help preschooler learn to sing "Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer" loudly for her Christmas program.
21. Not read my book for book club.
22. Shop for Christmas decorations while there are still choices out there.
23. Teach preschooler how to obey her parents. Repeat. And repeat.
24. Shop at all the discount places first for guest room and holiday needs in order to suck time and eventually end up at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
25. Recite mental list of things to clean in the house after getting through all of the above. Do those.
how does one claim unclaimed property??
ReplyDeletei'm impressed with you, btw. :)
Well, Kel, that IS the question. Supposedly I have nine shares of stock that someone, somewhere accidentally escheated to Tennessee after a poor attempt to find me. So it is currently "unclaimed" and I am trying to stake my claim. Then, I can buy diamonds. :)
ReplyDeletei like bloggers that listen to the masses!! that is a crazy list you have going on there. i especially like how you are trying to keep your preschooler from licking the walls. you should get a mom badge for that.
ReplyDelete