Prepare to wonder. I have been meaning to post this series of pictures for weeks. I can't put my finger on why they jolted me so. I'm thinking it has something to do with the child in this photo looking nearly like a stranger. I'll give you one guess who it is, but still, it might give you reason to pause in disbelief. I'm sure it's just some unintentional trick of the camera, but I can't help but be lead down an imaginary road to some place where my baby, my baby, is a sixteen-year-old volleyball champion, or maybe a hurdle-jumping sensation. I've never seen a six-foot gymnast, so we know that's out, 'cause we do all know that six-foot is in the bones of this one, bless those growing femurs.
Whatever she'll be at sixteen or at six-foot, she's well on her way, having decided on her own a week and a half ago that she was ready to step completely out of babyhood. (Gasp! And...Hooray!) Those ain't shorts on that child. Yep, she's wearing underpants...in the back yard.
And she ought to be proud of herself. She potty trained in about a week, even insisted on wearing panties to school today. Now, I'm not saying I'll never wipe up another puddle from the floor; besides, the dog has that covered every time somebody comes over and pets her right away.
But let's hear it for the girl! And let's hear it for the $50 bucks I won't be spending on diapers every month. What do you think we ought to do with that money? I hear monthly massages are a good investment in your health.
Well, maybe I'm putting a little too much thought into one picture, thinking she looks like a sixteen-year-old and all. But hey, maybe not. After all, she does have the teenager eye roll figured out.
Until next time...
Rebecca
Go Harper!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, that first picture does freak me out a little. It isn't just you.
ReplyDeleteIn other news, I AM SO PROUD OF HER. (And you.)
Let's celebrate! Drinks! Ice cream! Massages!