[First off, this is not a post about trick-or-treating. I just had to share something with you today, and this is what came out.]
What in the world--it's November?! My last post was one in September, and that post was talking about August. And now October is gone and done. Spring, Summer and Fall have left us in a tailspin and frankly I'm staring down the time tunnel at the approaching holidays with my teeth gritted, armor on. Not you too, Holiday Season! You will not yank us up into a spiral of lists and goings and times and musts and blinding weariness. You will be fun but peaceful; full but calm; meaningful. Hey, we can hope right? Dad, you have never said truer words than when you said that the older we get the faster time flies. I know. I know. They're not even in school yet.
Friends, my blog, I think, has somehow become indicative of how much down time, thinking time, I have. Lots of posts equals lots of space to think, as well as (let's be real) energy. So looking over this year compared to last year and I'm seeing a pattern. Less posts, less thinking time, less energy. Is it too little exercise, not enough caffeine, not enough time? Maybe. Is it the terrible twos? Likely. I'd like to say so anyway.
Two-year-olds are challenging yo. I forgot. Especially the gregarious, people-needing, curious-er and curious-er, asks-lots-of-questions learning type of two-year-old who lives under this roof.
I can't give her all the blame, though. That wouldn't be fair. The four-and-a-half-year-old who lives here would rather be in kindergarten already...
...and the only reason she doesn't say that Mom is not very stimulating to her creativity is because I haven't given her the words to.
Anyway, I'm talking about time here and how I misplaced October, maybe September too. It's a constant juggling act: Which important things will I accomplish today? How do you juggle the well-being of yourself, your family and your friends? I don't know, but sometimes, during all of that, you might misplace a
But there it is on my calendar anyways. November 1. It's here whether I feel like it's here or not. I'd really like to work on sharing more of our Fall up to this point. I hope you're enjoying yours and all, but come clean--who hid October under the couch cushions?
Happy Halloween-is-Over Day! Yay!
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment