Monday, January 23, 2012

Five Favorite Decemberings - Part 5 - The Beloved

Hellooooooo.
I'm gonna do it. I'm actually gonna fulfill my promise of Five Favorite Decemberings. You know you were wondering. :-}

My 5th favorite thing about December was not one thing really. Looking back through all the pictures, I see that one of my favorite things was all the time with loved ones, of course. What's Christmas in America without them? I'm so thankful for each of them. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of loved ones from December 2011.


I'm especially thankful for this fella this year...thankful because Christmas could have been a very different sort of thing had it not been for our miracle at Lexington Hospital in December 2010. After all, every little girl needs a hug from their Pops on Christmas morning. God's mercies are new EVERY morning. Love you Dad!

Seven cousins in the bed at Nannie and PaPa's house. It's a first Christmas for Baby Samuel!

On my side of the family, it was our first Christmas with Baby Deacon. I got two new nephews for Christmas!


Blake with his brother and sister on a 70-degree South Carolina day just before Christmas.


Blake's brother gave his three nieces and nephew these t-shirts.
Rarely do I catch Peyton and her 10-year-old cousin, William, playing together. This moment happened all by itself at the zoo, and I think it's special. Plus, a natural smile on a 10-year-old is worthy of our appreciation.

A rare shot of us two, at Riverbanks Botanical Garden in Columbia, S.C. 

Remembering Grandma. She passed a couple weeks before Thanksgiving last year. She collected coffee mugs and had probably around ninety by the time she died. Aunt Margaret brought the collection and let us all choose some to keep. This is Blake and my cousin Julie unwrapping them all. 
I love this picture! All grown up, my bro and me, with his little one at my uncle's on Christmas Eve.

Mom teased us for weeks (by text message!) about a gag gift she was buying us. Then she made us "perform" in front of 20 or so family members on Christmas Eve. The band shirts play music. Blake and Bryan were the lead guitars, Katie - drums, and me - keys. The kids are sporting new hand-made animal hats.
 
Stealing pictures of my momma, simply because she looked pretty and happy at that moment--and because she'd  never pose happily for a camera. Love you Mom!

Well friends, that concludes this girl's Five Favorite Decemberings. I know it took awhile, but favorite memories are worth waiting for. Thanks for reading and following my posts, patiently! haha!

Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment