Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Honey's worth waking up for

Y'all! Mama Bear's been taking a little nappity nap, and I think I overslept about a year too long. A year, people. I just don't even know about that, but what I do know is that this Mama Bear's been sleeping for too long. Too...long.

My audience, the small but faithful, have asked where I've been. Some of you kept asking, and some tried to entice me with compliments and fond memories of my written memories here. Some have tried more sly approaches by cloaking your beseeching with sweetness such as this doozie right here:

"All I want for Christmas is a new blog post." 

Uh-huh. One of you actually said that, out loud, to me. Abandoning all risk to yourself (not actually getting a Christmas gift), you tried to lure Mama Bear out of hibernation (writer's block) with honey, sweet little honey words. I say they're like honey to a sleeping bear, because I think you might have meant them, which was nice to hear, that a post about what we're up to or what the girls are saying these days is really all you wanted for Christmas from me, well, and maybe you're were also sending a message that you don't want another pair of pajama pants or tennis shoes. It could be either one, probably. (But seriously, are you fine in those categories, Dad, 'cause there's another holiday coming up in June, and being that you're sometimes hard to buy for and all....well...maybe this whole blogging-as-a-present-thing kind of works out for the both of us, anyway?)

So, you lured me out by saying this little way of connecting is worth more than anything else I can buy for you, Dad. I didn't deliver for Christmas, because, well everyone knows that bears sleep in the winter. But spring is in the air! A chance for new life, even for this ol' thing here called m'blog. It might take some time to get used to the activity again, for my eyes to adjust to the light after sleeping for a year, so to speak, but we'll start small, with a birthday wish for my dad who is 60 today.

Happy 60th Dad! We'll see you soon and take you out to Carrabba's or Rush's or wherever you want to go.  But, for now, please accept this as our little, homemade gift to say we love you, and thanks for loving us back. (click the link)

Watch "Happy birthday pop" on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment