Monday, April 27, 2009

Peyton's Birthday Party

We have been busy little bees these last four or five weeks. March was a whirlwind, but a fun one. Blake and I had a lot of fun planning Peyton's second birthday party, maybe too much fun in some people's minds. In my last blog, I mentioned that I found a sock monkey t-shirt for the new little baby and how special that was. The reason it was so special is because we were planning a sock monkey birthday party for Peyton. Peyton has a sock monkey named JoJo. It was originally my dad's toy as a child, which was given to me as a child, and then to Peyton. Here is a picture of JoJo and Peyton at the park.


The theme idea grew a little bigger when we decided to have the children at the party make sock monkeys. We made a little different version than the original JoJo kind. Here is Peyton's cousin, Jeffrey, with his monkey puppet made of a sock. Of course, with a sock monkey puppet, we needed a puppet theater. Blake and I decided to make a puppet theater as Peyton's birthday gift. Blake did a great job building it!Peyton got the hang of having a birthday party, except when it came to blowing out the candles. I'm not sure if it was all the faces staring at her, but she did NOT want to blow out the candles. She told me to do it. Afterward, ALL she could say was, "Mommy blow it out. Mommy blow the candles out. Mommy blow it out." Pause. Look around at everyone staring at her. Look at the cake. Then nodding with wide open eyes, "Mommy blow it out. Mommy blow the candles out." All evening and the next day, she informed us over and over who really blew out the candles at the "monkey birthday".







1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Thanks!!6 more days til baby Harper arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete