I gotta keep my brain sharp, despite getting up throughout the night and having no opportunity for naps. So, here's my mental challenge of the day: Start and finish this post in 20 minutes, because that's when the baby has to eat. She waits for no one. Except me. She has no choice there. I digress. Time's a tickin'.
Peyton has a new way of entertaining herself these days. She has discovered Harper's bloomers. You know...those little diaper covers that come with baby dresses. They are in a dresser drawer in the nursery, very easily accessible for a 2-year-old. Peyton calls them panties. She instructs either Blake or me to put our feet up on the ottoman so she can "dress your piggies." This means she brings out the "panties" one by one (and each ONE is retrieved with it's very own sprint down the hall) and fits them over our piggies, er um, toes. She usually requires at least four panties for each set of piggies. Sometimes, when she's feeling especially stylish, she will also custom fit baby socks onto our big piggy.
Other mysteries that have emerged this week:
1) Peyton suddenly showed us the Robot Walk. We have no idea how she learned how a robot walks. Blake has since taught her how a robot dances. Hilarious. We have to video that.
2) Peyton, who used to love to "ride the horsies at the mall," is now terrified of the horsies and won't go near them. Wish I knew THAT before I made the harrowing and terrifying first trip to the mall with both girls for the sole purpose of letting Peyton enjoy a few gallops. Scratch that idea off the rainy day activity list. I'm wondering if the sudden, unexplained fear of things once adored is a side effect of turning two or of getting a sister. {Index finger tapping bottom lip} Hmmm.
3) Harper, who will be one month old on Thursday, slept through the night on Sunday. That's right...she slept eight hours (10 p.m. - 6 a.m.). We couldn't believe it. I actually called the doctor's office to ask if that's ok. I was probably the parent whom all the nurses laughed about that day. So the mystery now is how to get her to do that again.
Times up! Peace out.
Peyton and her interest of piggies. Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteHarper sleeping through the night. Awesome.
Love those two girls!!!!