Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mystery #4 of the Week

Happy 1-Month Birthday to Harper today!!!

Harper has a very odd version of something the doctor says is very common in newborns. Before you get worried, don't. Her pediatrician and another one in the office, who combined have more than 50 years experience and lots of gray hairs, say they don't believe it's anything other than melanosis of the newborn. Basically, she has all these tiny little brown freckles on her fingers, but only her fingers. They start as little red pimple looking things, turn to gold yellow and then to brown freckles. They come and go. It's a very normal rash sort of thing that three to five week olds get. In every way, it seems to fit the description of melanosis of the newborn , EXCEPT it's isolated to her fingers. Normally it's randomly all over the body. Both pediatricians even consulted their dermatology book, and they came to the same conclusion. But, Harper does get an A+ for stumping two old pediatricians. Like I said...mystery of the week #4.

In other news, Peyton and I are band-aid twins today. We both are wearing a Hello Kitty band-aid on our left leg and a Snow White band-aid on our right leg. We have bug bites we are trying to keep from scratching.

And finally, since I have mastered the art of the baby sling, Peyton, Harper (who is nestled in the sling and sleeping soundly) and I are going outside on the front porch to swing.

1 comment: