You've waited patiently. As promised, here are 25 Things You Might Not Know About Peyton...
1. She is a collector. She picks up a rock almost every place we go. Lately, I have found her trying to eat rocks though.
2. She likes female vocals, as in only female musicians (her favorites right now being Mindy Smith, Laura Story and Butterfly Boucher). The fact that she really likes female vocals is comical to me, because that is the same excuse Blake used to go out with me for the first time. (We went to a concert.)
3. She's not afraid to ask you to take off your jewelry so she can wear it.
4. She won't wear blue jeans. Only skirts or dresses will do. She might have been born in the wrong century.
5. She observes details that most people overlook. This morning, she told me that I have a mole on one side of my forhead, but not the other.
6. She plays well by herself, an unusual trait in children her age.
7. When she trips or falls down, she gets up saying, "That was a big splash!"
8. She is easily annoyed by things like rolled up sleeves, wearing socks when not wearing shoes, and when her pants bottoms get wet from walking in the rain. We all have our little peeves.
9. After her bath and before Blake puts her pajamas on, she likes to have Blake lie on the floor in her room so she can read him a "bed-time story".
10. She likes to dance or watch me dance or watch dancers on television. Dancing with the Stars usually caught her attention if it was on. Sometimes we play "dance party" by picking a station on the satellite TV and dancing in the living room.
11. Her favorite toddler games right now are "tea party" and "feeding Princess baby cereal".
12. She is a little afraid of moving cars in parking lots. I'll take it.
13. She communicates well. Her Mother's Day Out teacher told me that Peyton tells her everything the other children are doing. She isn't tattle-telling, but informing.
14. She is happy watching others have fun, an uncommon personality strength. But sometimes, I want her to just dive in and have fun with something new.
15. Last summer, she didn't like walking in the grass, even with shoes on. This summer, I have seen her lay down in it.
16. She likes to help out around the house. She gets baby wipes and cleans the walls and the baby toys. She also jumps at the chance to put wet clothes in the dryer. We got her a toddler size broom and mop recently, which she enjoys doing along side me.
17. Despite the fact that two-year-olds typically can't think beyond themselves, she often thinks of others and wonders what they're doing. But don't get me wrong...she has her share of tantrums when others are busy and not available to her.
18. Although she has tantrums (what toddler doesn't), she is a gentle person.
19. If she wakes up in the morning before we do, she comes into our room saying "Rise and shine!" As soon as she opens her eyes and gets out of bed, she is going full throttle. Maybe I would be, too, if I got 11 hours of sleep every night, oh and a nap.
20. She almost always points out the "stars and stripes" when we're going somewhere in the car.
21. She has surprisingly strong opinions about her clothes already. I have to take her with me when I buy her clothes, otherwise I might end up with clothes she won't wear. Seriously? Yes.
22. I could be wrong, but I'm going to venture out on this one anyway: I think she might be her teacher's favorite.
23. She overcame her fear of riding horses two weekends ago. She successfully and joyfully rode a pony at Oktoberfest.
24. She misses her friends when she doesn't see them for a few weeks.
And finally....number 25...
25. She hasn't picked a fight with her baby sister yet. :)
so precious! She's amazing. :)
ReplyDelete