Peyton's Parent's Day Out school had their Christmas program tonight. Peyton was very brave about going up on stage and didn't flinch a feather at the crowd of parents staring back at her. Only four students from her class came. They sang two songs. Peyton wouldn't wear the hat.

Meanwhile, this is what Harper did during the program. In this picture, she is pulling herself up to a sitting position by using the carseat bar. At one point when she was out of the carseat, she squealed at a 6-month-old baby sitting next to us....and scared that baby! I guess Harper's over-zealous friendliness can ruffle some baby's feathers. Look out world.

And in order to bring the feather theme full circle (cuz THAT's Christmasy), I'll squeeze this little story in...Peyton and I spotted four wild turkeys (or something related) hanging out in our next-door-neighbor's back yard. They didn't mind me following them around with my camera. I followed them through the neighbor's back yard, around to the front of their yard, up in between our houses, across our back yard, where they eventually jumped the fence into my other neighbors back yard. I let Peyton stand outside the back door for the part in our yard. I told her she had to be quiet so she didn't scare them away, but I could still hear her from across the yard saying "gobble gobble." If anyone knows what kind of birds these are, please say so.


Did you video the 2 songs?
ReplyDeletetype of hen? guinea fowl?
ReplyDeletemckenzie