Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why One Plus One Equals 15

My friends, there is so much to update you on. We had a lovely Christmas--Harper's first! The tale of that will come later. I have to get this post out of my head first. I've been thinking about it for, oh, a month maybe. It's about math. And also about growing up. But really it's about how growing-up-math is senseless. For instance, in the case of my oldest daughter, who just happens to be growing up, one plus one equals something more like 15. What I mean is that I have many strong reasons to believe that a two-year-old girl acts oddly similar to a 15-year-old girl. Anyhow, I feel reasonably sure I can give a few true statements that might convince you of this strange thought. Here we go...

1) She rolls her eyes at us and sometimes talks back .

2) She has distinct likes and dislikes in clothing (from hairbows to shoes and everything in between), and usually argues with me every morning about what she will wear.

3) She is trying to assert her independence as her personality changes and blooms, and she wants to do many things her way.

4) She has to have the last word, even if she's wrong.

5) She doesn't care if she's wrong, as long as she has the last word.

6) She has mood swings, which can change on a dime.

And here are some refreshing reasons why she is NOT like a 15-year-old:

1) She likes giving her parents eskimo and butterfly kisses.

2) Once we get her dressed, she doesn't care how she looks for the rest of the day.

3) Even when she's upset about not getting her way, she still likes us.

4) She lets us be silly around her friends.

5) We can give her hugs in the mall.

6) She doesn't ask us for money.


A post coming soon..."Christmas Sayings by Peyton." Happy Almost New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment