Hi again. Whoa...two posts in one day. Easy now. Don't want to hurt myself. But, I just remembered a conversation I had with Peyton yesterday that's cute enough to share. I love testing Peyton with questions that I think are beyond her understanding or ability to answer. She ususally surprises me with an answer that is beyond my understanding of her mind. I like that.
So....
Yesterday, she was sitting at the kitchen table having a snack. I walked into the bathroom to put my eye contacts in. She called and called for me to come back and give her more food. I called and called back that I was busy, that "Mommy was taking care of herself for a stinkin' minute." I came back into the kitchen a little perturbed.
I said, "Peyton, sometimes Mommy has to do things for herself. I take care of you, I take care of Harper, Mommy takes care of Roxy, sometimes Mommy takes care of Daddy. But who will take care of Mommy?"
She took a second to think, and so I thought, Ha! I've stumped her!
Not to be outdone, she sat up straight, put her hands on her chest and said, "Me! I'll take care of you, Mommy."
Okay fiiinnne, you can have more snacks.
precious. precious. precious.
ReplyDelete