I am thinking about dirt this new year. Thinking about how I'm tired of thinking about it, mostly. I have concluded (finally!) that dirt is always the same. It's uninteresting really, and not worth so much of my time. The house is always working at the same thing--dirtying itself up. So, with that in mind, I have decided to spend more of my time on interesting things. My beautiful and FUNNY children are very interesting and unpredictable and always changing. They will never again be like they are today. That is a sobering thought to this perfectionist. I am resolving this year to make more memories of face time and play time with my girls than with the dirt in my house, to tip the scales in their direction a little more. I'm doing my 50-year-old-self a favor by looking back at my 30-year-old-self now and saying, "watch those children closely my friend". When I'm 50 and they're off living their interesting lives (Lord willing!), I will have a perfect house...maybe.
Thank you God for showing me this today.
i like you so much.
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry.
ReplyDelete