UPDATE ON PREVIOUS POST: Harper is now crawling, been doing so for six days now. It's THE cutest thing the way she does it. It's slow, methodical, determined, sufficient for her. The high-pitched-only-dogs-should-hear squealing is waning now, thanks to the satisfaction she has apparently found in her new skill of self-transport. This skill, if we can call it that, has also resulted in more bumps and bruises due to her explorations of furniture, doors and drawers. The Tot Locks are back in action in our kitchen.
And now...on with the show...
Our dearest Peyton is imaginative. I think all of us who know her might agree. She has pretend daily interactions with characters from her favorite movies and TV shows. For example, this week we have been expecting Ursula, the sea witch in The Little Mermaid, to come over and swim in "our ocean". I don't really know where our own personal ocean is, but Peyton informs me when I accidentally step on it, or when her bath time has become a dip in the sea. (We have been talking about beach vocabulary around the house to prepare her for a beach trip we're taking later this summer.) Also, Dora the Explorer and her side-kick monkey, Boots, have been coming over for dinner each night for quite a while. She'll inform me around lunch time, that "Dora's coming over tonight...for dinner." The point is, she welcomes cartoon characters into her daily life on a regular basis.
So with that said, I hope you enjoy the hilarity of her imagination in this story:
Last night, I was leaving to go see Avatar 3D (cinematic craziness, BTW) with a couple girlfriends. Peyton gave me a sweet good-bye at the front door. I told her good-bye and to be good for Daddy while I was away. Shortly after I left, Blake called me in the car. I am vehemently against phoning and driving (you must know), but answered the call anyway. He told me that Peyton came back into the kitchen wearing only a shirt, a tutu, and a purse. Pants schmants, right?! With the purse slung over her shoulder in grown-up fashion, she said, "Daddy, I'm going to the zoo with Dora and Boots. You be good for Harper."
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Kids!!!!!!
.
I just read this to my whole department and there was a loud "Ahhhhhhhhh". So precious! ;)
ReplyDeletehahahahhaha. Oh my. She is so funny. Cannot WAIT to see her in a mere 7 days.
ReplyDelete