Sunday, July 4, 2010

Not just a plain weekend

We had a great weekend! Saturday morning we spent at the YMCA outdoor pool, courtesy of our new free family membership (a perk of Blake's new job yo). Both my babies loved it. The pool has a beach entry which is genius, in my opinion. It made for great fun for both girls. Eventually, Peyton asked to "go to the deep water," and Blake obliged. Thank you spring swim lessons! Back at home and after lunch and getting the girls down for naps, Blake and I both took a two hour nap (two hours!) too. I don't think I'll find much argument out there that a Saturday afternoon nap after a morning at the pool alone would have made the weekend perfect. No? And that was just Saturday.

Not to be outdone, however, Sunday had some wonderfulness in store. (Don't worry, if blog is a word then so is wonderfulness). Before I tell you what, you should know, or be reminded, that we don't do things plain 'round here Moody parts. Not ev. We will overdo and gourmet-er-ize (I think it works) anything.  And the proof is in the puddin', or shall I say peach ice cream pancakes with real maple syrup and whipped cream on top (cuz IHOP does it, obviously) for brunch and feta-Swiss burgers and peach tea for dinner, AND (not done yet) lively conversation with the Lees, as in the Elizabeth Lee's. :)

Let's just pause here for a moment to reflect on these words together: peach. ice cream. pancakes. Now, we've whisked up some fancy pancakes: orange coconut pancakes, sweet potato pecan pancakes, chocolate banana nut pancakes, and even bunny shaped pancakes. Like I said, we don't do things plain. But I think all my dreams came true when I heard about peach ice cream (ice cream!) pancakes. And so did someone else's, after we explained that we weren't having just ice cream for lunch, that is.


1 comment:

  1. Dad said,How did you do that kind of pancake,Wow, Not sure I want to try that one

    ReplyDelete