Today I hope I remember forever what it feels like to cuddle close to my nearly four (!) year-old and to bury my nose in her cheek as she hums, eyes wide open, trying to fall asleep. Lying there, I let myself giggle because I hear the nearly two (!) year-old down the hall in her crib making not-going-to-sleep sounds. Then Peyton lets herself giggle too, even though it's supposed to be quiet time. So there we are--a momma who very much clings to (and sometimes rushes to) her children's nap time who is now giggling at nap time, and a child who is relieved Mommy signaled it's okay to laugh at your loud sister, even though it's nap time.
I'm just gonna go out a limb and say simultaneous cuddling and giggling with your oldest little child at your littlest child is true fun. It's kind of a natural thing to do with our babies, even when they're almost two. But I hope I remember forever that older kids need playful parents, too. The end.
you got it so right.i wish that i took the time to do as you did .you are a great parent and i'm so proud of you
ReplyDeletePreach it Rebecca!! Sometimes we are so caught up in the parenting and disciplining, we forget to laugh.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete