Thursday, March 10, 2011

What you miss when you're behind

Dude, I am behind, on more than a few things too. First of all, I have to get some pictures to you of my budget makeover of my dining room. I somehow converted my least liked room of the house to my favorite. I just kind of keep staring at it with a grin. I get a little warm and fuzzy inside when I get it right, 'cause most of the time it's just slightly off. But not-this-time. I have two more little things to do and then I will show you. Promise.

March is always a busy month for us, and I just get so tired and so behind fast. For starters, the first weekend consisted of a mad dash to finish the dining room, a pizza night with dearest ones, weekend house guests who are part of the dearest ones, supper club (a new thing we are doing), and Blake's birthday. I'm afraid I failed to get some visuals of any of that. And now we're in planning mode for Peyton's 4th birthday.

Anyway, all that is to say I'm behind, mostly on blogging and cleaning, but that ain't new information for you, is it? Here's the thing that brought me here today...

A couple mornings ago, over breakfast, I read Peyton this Bible verse:
"I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine."
Psalm 50:11
Then I said, "Did you know that Peyton--that God knows every single bird, even all the ones in our back yard right now?"

She said she did know that.

Really? How did she know that? So I said (with eyebrows raised a little if you would imagine), "Well I didn't know that God knows every bird."

She said in typical Peyton style (as flat as flat can be), "Everybody knew that, Mom, except you."

So I guess you could say I'm late to more than one party around here.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i cannot wait to see pictures of your dining room!

    similarly, i love job 38: 12, in which the Lord says, "have you ever in your life commanded the morning and caused the dawn to know its place?" i often think of that when i am up in the early morning and hear the birds begin to chirp. God has commanded them to wake up. i've taught whitt to say that, that the Lord is waking up the birdies just like everything else around us.

    ReplyDelete