I guess the heat from yesterday kept Harper pretty quiet (can you even imagine?), because today she was on a roll with the funnies.
For starters, she's been talking lately about whether she makes certain people happy, namely her daddy or her sister. She knows that if she gives her daddy a hug or in anyway shows affection, she makes him happy. And she says so. After hugging Blake, she'll come brag to me, "I make Daddy happy. I give him big hug and kiss." I don't know what, if any, psychological effects this is going to have on her down the road, but it's kind of cute for now. Today, on the way home from church, she said from the back seat of the car, "Mommy.... Mommy! I like Jesus. I make him happy." Well, maybe she's getting something. I was a little worried, because lately she thinks that Jesus only loves me. The girl just likes to over-work her possessive pronouns. She'll say, "Mommy, sing Jesus Loves You."
Well, later this afternoon as we were leaving to go to Sweet CeCe's (Momma needed a treat!), Blake and Harper noticed an airplane flying above us. [As back story, you should know that Harper likes to pretend to pick things out of books and eat them, for some reason unknown to us.] So obviously Blake asked her if she wanted to grab that airplane out of the sky. She pretended to grab it and eat it, remarking, "Mmmm, breakfast in the sky."
And finally, we stopped at the closest neighborhood playground on the way home from our frozen deliciousness. This particular playground has those mom-despised monkey bar ladders that curve up. You know, the ones that your little child could easily slip through and fall to the ground or bust open their lip or something worse. Anyhow, we told Harper she was not to do that unless a grown up with helping her. Not long after that, she stepped up on the first bar or so and called out, "Grown-uuuuppp, come help meeee."
Funny girl.
Funny Sunday.
Love to you all.
breakfast in the sky....yum.
ReplyDelete