You know what I'm talking about right? The smell of the newly born. Maybe it's the sweet scent of God's breath still hovering over the freshly sculpted life. Or...maaaaybe it's Johnson's and Johnson's. Either way it is good, especially just above the ears of my new nephew, Deacon, son of my only brother Bryan and his lovely wife Katie, born July 18. Little D, as I called him once or twice, which obviously stands for Little Dude, is not your common newborn; he is handsome. (No offense to other newborns.) He has a Jason Priestly kind of handsome, like from the 90210 days, mind you. Or actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's a Luke Perry kind of look, but obviously from the 90210 days, obviously.
Any. Way.
'Course you know I gushed and grinned and told him how much I've always loved him. I made promises I cannot keep, things like Harper will never take his toys or make him cry. I also told him how I'll always have a secret stash of candy in my purse just for him, and that when he wants to play ball or sword fights he'll have to ask his daddy. But if he ever wants to play Prince and rescue very feminine princesses he knows where to come. My girls can give him a exhaustive architectural review of pretend castles, should he ever be in desperate need of that knowledge. Also, fairies and flowers. We know about them. I told him how he has his work cut out for him explaining to his cousins why making fighting noises with your dolls is so much more fun than giggling. I basically charged the Little Dude with bringing on the boy. Am I right, Blake?
But not yet. He has to finish smelling like Heaven right now...
...and melting the heart of his favorite aunt. :)
handsome indeed!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweetie-pie! i want to squeeze him and i don't know even know him or his parents, which means they might not appreciate my squeezing him. ha. congrats on being an aunt!
ReplyDelete