Monday, January 31, 2011

in the nick


For someone who had no intentions whatsoever at making a new year's resolution, I rather like that I'm announcing one on the very last day of January--just in the nick of time (kind of). I was only going to make one if it was important to me and realistic. I didn't want to get all hyped up on goals just for the sake of being goal-oriented. Besides, being goal-oriented might need to be a resolution for another year.

Well, this resolution is a big one for me...[drum roll please]...
2011 will be the year I become a morning person.
...

I accept your laughter. You don't have to LOL me in the comments. :)

To clarify, I don't mean that I'm going to work on being chipper in the morning. Let us not be confused. That is not the goal. What I mean by becoming a morning person is that I'm going to get up earlier--before the kids--and get in the habit of it, and enjoy it preferably without being chipper. On the contrary, it's to have some quiet, to gird myself for the day, to get completely dressed, to think, to drink my coffee hot (!), and most importantly to greet my family with readiness and joy (fingers crossed).

I'm starting this week by going to bed earlier (around 9 - 9:30 p.m.) and setting my alarm earlier (6:00 a.m.). I'm looking forward to the cool of early summer mornings, you know, before it gets sticky hot and the bugs are still sleeping. I'm gonna get up before the bugs! How do you like that?

Honestly friends, it might take me all year to do this. But there are so many reasons to do it. Let's just hope the kids don't discover any reasons for themselves, right?!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment