Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sure as snow

It snowed again last night. I think this is the 5th snow "storm" we've had in Nashville this winter. It's the most snowings (if you will) this real southern girl has ever seen in her life. The amount of snow this season is a broken record in more ways than one, if you know what I'm saying. In fact, it's a four letter word now, in more ways than one, and we all know what I'm sayin'.

Well, what's a good ol' southern gal to do with her two youngsters and all this white (and gray, if we're honest). We sure as sn-- ain't gonna play in it anymore.

The first thing you do is watch a movie with your bestie. Look at little Munch (my personal nickname for Harper) actually showing a slight interest in television, for better or for worse. Thank you sn-- for forcing us indoors for too long.


And then when you've had enough of the cold and the television, you might find yourself stripping down, since we all know that's just like saying, "I''m not gonna take it anymore!"


When that's all over, you might discover that you cannot nap like you once could. You'd rather sit on the pot (something you almost never choose to do), or cry in the bed ('cause that's comforting), or throw all your favorite stuffed animals out of the bed (if you had any), or simply squeeze the ear of your rocking horse over and over -- the one that plays the annoying song -- because it's the only thing you can reach from your bed.  Maybe you'll eventually give up and, somehow, fall asleep.

But later on, you're almost guaranteed entertainment with a certain cleaning tool. At least it will be amusing grossing out your mother.


And that's what you do on the (like) hundredth sn-- day, for better or for worse, if you know what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment