This morning was Peyton's first ever soccer game. I guess you never know how an extracurricular activity you impose on your child will actually go once they are made to do more than talk about it. Learning what's fun to Peyton is something we are still studying up on. We chose this activity for her, but she has impressed me with her excellent attitude about everything soccer has required of her. I have been waiting for protest about running, or only using her feet, or wearing the shin guards or the uniform, or listening to Coach Dad. No resistance, no complaining. In fact, I think she likes it all.
The Game
This morning was extremely hot and humid. The game was played four on four, which means four of the kids were waiting on the sidelines being hot. Most of the Purple Carrots are just in their early- to mid-three's and this was their first experience with soccer. I don't think our team really knew what to do with only one ball on the field, though. Most of them stood there watching the other team play with the ball.
Peyton had a great attitude! She didn't complain about the heat, only that she was thirsty. She followed directions about going on and off the field. She also followed Coach Dad around the field just about the whole time. Haha!
One time, while Peyton was having a water break off field, I tried to explain that she could go after the ball and try to kick it in that goal (I pointed down the field). Guess what she did when she got back on the field? She ran to that goal and waited for the ball to come her way!
The coaches and the referee stayed on the field the whole time helping the kids go in the right direction. Every time a goal was scored (they didn't keep score though), the ref would line the kids up in the middle again and blow the whistle to begin play again. There's Blake pointing which way to go. Peyton is in jersey number 3, just like her daddy always wore as a child.
I think she had a great time. After the game, we went out for ice cream with her BFF, Etta. And what could be better than that? Maybe finding a dandelion and having ice cream with your BFF. Way to go Purple Carrots! Way to go Coach Dad!!







GO PURPLE CARROTS! YOU DID GREAT
ReplyDeleteAh. Thanks for being so prompt!!
ReplyDeleteI am just LOVING all of this! So soooooo fun. Sad to see Blake didn't go with the suit and fedora, though.
ReplyDeleteHad a great time. I have a great pic of Blake and peyton holding hands with Etta holding hands with her daddy.
ReplyDelete