Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Look of Magic

Well folks, it's done. I think it's safe to say that the Tinker Bell birthday party today was magical. Plus, I'm happily lounging on the couch with nothing on my to-do list and a blank mind, which, for this busy-a-holic, is enchanting for sure. Most likely, Peyton is happily drifting to sleep thinking about cake (her favorite part of the day she told us)! We have some crafts to put away, some tulle to untangle and some new games to play, so fortunately the pixie dust hasn't completely settled yet. There is still a trace of magic in the air and some butterflies poised in doorways too. Here is what magic looked like today.

Above: This is the entrance to the dining room/party room/fairy home. This morning, Peyton got her first sighting of the decorations that we put up after she went to bed Friday night. She was so excited about everything, from the yellow butterflies to the green gemstones. It was better than Christmas! (The chairs are temporarily circling the kids' dining table to keep Harper from getting all the small stuff before the party started.) Peyton is wearing fairy pajamas and, yes, she slept in those wings.
Above: All the girls came dressed as fairies!! Here they are eating under the fairy bower I made with my mother-in-law who was in town for the party.
Above: Peyton, dressed in her fairy finery, enjoyed tinkering with the fairy wand crafts and bells before the guests arrived. The girls decorated gold wands and strung bells on twine to wear as necklaces and bracelets.

Above: I made this cake and icing from scratch and decorated it myself! Thanks to my mom for all the homemade birthday cakes growing up and many opportunities to watch and learn!

1 comment:

  1. magical indeed....I'm so impressed. So glad that Peyton loved it.

    ReplyDelete