Saturday, March 13, 2010

Owl Betcha Want One

On Fridays, I have been trying to have arts and crafts mornings with Peyton. I found a sock puppet kit on sale at Borders Books a few weeks ago. We tried making a puppet two Fridays ago, but Peyton wasn't interested. She liked playing with the buttons and pom-poms and pipe cleaners that came in the kit. Fine enough.

Take 2:
This past Friday, she said she was interested. But when it came down to picking what to do, she said she'd rather cut felt. Fine. More practice with scissors can't hurt. Although this time she was getting a little more experimental with where to use the scissors. (No blood or hair cuts...yet!) Anyway, once Peyton saw Yo Gabba Gabba come on the TV (not to self: remember to turn off the TV before next craft morning), she said while getting down from the table, "Oh Yo Gabba Gabba's on! Craft time's over, Mom. Put the crafts away."

Well, I didn't let her hold me back this time. This is a picture of my sock puppet. Whoooooo who who do you think had more fun?

1 comment: