Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Spy

Yesterday, I spied on Peyton a tad bit. Easy. I said a tad.

Peyton was playing in one of our indoor oceans yesterday--you know, the king-size bed with the blue comforter...an ocean. This spot, being the most logical place in our home for an indoor ocean to appear, has made itself useful as a great place for pretend swimming lessons or tumbling in a new swimsuit. Anyhow, I'm not sure when it happened, but the Swim-in-the-Ocean game changed to the Put-Daffy-to-Bed game. (Daffy=stuffed giraffe.) Well, I could tell Peyton was getting in the "zone" now. The "zone" is a place of play where she is nearly entirely oblivious to anything else happening around her while she acts out some play sequence, sometimes over and over. So I let her have some privacy. Not really. I had to go make sure Harper wasn't eating sharp things or dirty things.

So, from the hallway I spied on Peyton, a tad. Mothers do this sort of thing, I understand. She said while tucking Daffy under the covers, "Dear Jesus, thank you for the world and for Yo Gabba Gabba. Amen." I love this. A thanks to God for his creation, not wordy, yet all-inclusive. And then, a thanks to God for something that makes her smile. I've said it before, but the mind of child is a wonder.

P.S.
It wasn't me doing the tumbling in a new swimsuit. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment